Dates & Rates
2017 Dates & Rates
Below you will find all of the information for our 2017 Camping Season. Registration remains open for all sessions. However, 2nd Session Rookie Camp is now full and on a Waitlist, and there are only a handful of spots that remain available for 2nd Session 4 weekers.
Camp Kawaga’s Rookie Camp is available only for first-time campers ages 10 and under. Rookie Camp has been a great success and we will continue to provide the program both Sessions. However, for those signing up for the 1 week program, please note that for coming home, Kawaga will not be able to provide transportation home – it will be pick up only. 1st Session has 8 spots remaining, while 2nd Session is on a Waitlist.
Family Camp is a great alternative if you are not sure your son is ready or the camp dates do not work this summer during the regular session.
|Eight Weeks||June 19 – August 11||$ 8,950*||Enrollment remains open|
|First Session||June 19 – July 14||$ 5,650*||Enrollment remains open|
|Second Session||July 16 – August 11||$ 5,650*||Limited spots available|
|1-Week Rookie Camp||June 19 – June 25
or July 16 – July 22
|$ 1,500||2nd Session is on WAITLIST|
|2-Week Rookie Camp||June 19 – July 2
or July 16 – July 29
|$ 3,000||2nd Session is on WAITLIST|
|FAMILY CAMP||August 13- 20||Pricing based on number of people – $1,500 cabin minimum||Cabins reserved on registration basis and non-refundable deposit|
* Tuition includes Canteen. There is no separate Canteen charge. The 2017 Rate includes all fees for camp (except transportation, shipping of bags, and personal expenses described below). Tuition, canteen, food, weekly laundry, Annual Pineneedle, photograph book, daily snacks and Hydration Station, incidental expenses (such as extra stamps, a new toothbrush, or batteries), special event t-shirts are all included.
** All families that enroll by October 15, 2016 save $100 per camper off the listed tuition rate.
As noted above, there is no canteen or additional charges. The tuition rate includes all fees and charges except transportation and (possible) personal charges listed below.
- Bus transportation: $110 each way (no transportation charge if camper flies to camp).
- Tuition payment (other than the initial deposit) made by credit card is assessed a one-time $115 fee; tuition by e-check (direct debit from bank account) is charged a one-time $35 fee.
- Medical prescriptions, birthday parties and other individual specific charges are billed additionally.
- Note: Kawaga gear is not included as part of tuition and may be purchased separately at kawagagear.com.
ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS and NOTES:
- Families must complete the online application and remit $1,350 deposit per camper at time of enrollment.
- Rookie Camp is for first-time campers, age 6-10. Rookies may attend for either one or two weeks. If Rookies attend for one week, the following summer they must attend for two weeks or a full session (four or eight weeks). If they attend for two weeks, they must attend the following summer for a full session.
- Brother Discount: $200 per brother per 4-week session, $400 per brother for 8 weeks (no brother discount for Rookie Camp).
- Early Bird Discount – Returning families that enroll by October 15th receive $100 discount. Enrollment opens September 7, 2016.
CAMP KAWAGA’s REFERRAL PROGRAM
Camp Kawaga has long understood that our best marketing is through our current and valued camp families. Here is our Referral Program for 2017.
- $300 tuition credit for referring a new 4- or 8-week family;
- $150 tuition credit for referring a Rookie camper family;
- $300 tuition credit for hosting new families for a “group home visit” (this credit is simply our “thank you” for hosting a Kawaga presentation by Ty and Lauren for 2 or more new families, regardless if any of the families enroll their sons).
- $300 additional credit to the hosting family if any family that attends the group home visit enrolls at Kawaga ($300 max/new family)
- $300 credit for any family that enrolls for a full session while at the group home visit (in addition to any hosting credit).
What is the Camp’s refund policy?
Because we are filling beds quickly have a waitlist as early as December, and therefore possibly turning away interested campers we provide the following refund policy:
- Prior to December 1, any cancellations receive a full refund minus a $300 accounting fee for the registration process.
- After December 1st there is a $2,000 charge for cancellations.
- After February 1st, there are no tuition refunds.
- In 2017 we will be offering a tuition insurance program. We will email all families information regarding the program in September.