Transportation & Luggage
GOING TO CAMP
We believe that the bus ride up to camp is an important part of the overall experience. It gives the boys an opportunity to meet each other and reconnect with old friends with the shared excitement of the start of the summer. We organize bus groupings by age and will have Staff members on each bus.
If your child is coming for the first time and does not know anybody else his age on the bus, please let us know. We’ll “buddy” him up with another boy. If you prefer, we can also arrange for brothers or cousins to sit together. Please make any special requests by June 1st.
All buses leave from the Northshore of Chicago (LOCATION TBD). Check-in for the bus will start at 8:15 am for a 9:00 am departure to camp.
- JUNE 19th FOR 1ST SESSION AND 8-WEEK CAMPERS
- JULY 16th FOR 2ND SESSION CAMPERS.
Any families coming in from outside IL, WI can also drop your son off at the bus in the Chicagoland area at no additional cost.
If you live outside of the Midwest or are traveling prior to camp, you may elect to have your son fly to camp on the day his session starts. A staff member will meet your son at his arrival gate. We’ll closely communicate with you that day, and you’ll need to let the airlines know we will be meeting your “unaccompanied minor” at the gate. We’ll be glad to pick your son up from Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA), or Rhinelander (RHI) airports. Please arrange travel so that your sons arrive at the airport no later than:
- CWA – Arrival prior to 1:00 pm
- RHI – Arrival prior to 1:30 pm
If you are dropping off your son at camp you are welcome to do so at the times listed below. We will have staff there to unload your car, however, we will not honor camp tours at this time.
- JUNE 19th – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- JULY 16th – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
The buses will leave camp by 8:00 am and should arrive back to the Northshore between 1:30-3:00 pm. We’ll keep everyone posted via email, text, and notifications through the Kawaga app as to the buses’ arrival times.
- JULY 14th FOR 1ST-SESSION CAMPERS
- AUGUST 10th FOR 2ND-SESSION CAMPERS AND 8-WEEK CAMPERS
JULY 14th Departure (1st Session Campers) : We are pleased to offer transportation to RHI or CWA for camper flights leaving that day. We require departures to be between 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. All camper flight itineraries must be completed on your travel form.
AUGUST 10th Departure (2nd Session and 8 Week Campers): All departures will be out of Minneapolis/St. Paul and will need to be scheduled between 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm. The campers will depart camp at 8:00 am on a coach bus.
If you are picking up your son at camp you are welcome to do so at the times listed below. We will have staff there to unload your car, however, we will not honor camp tours at this time.
- JULY 14th – 8:30 am – 10:00 am
- AUGUST 10th – 8:30 am – 10:00 am
All bags are picked up and dropped off using CAMP LAUNDRY.
Suburban families: Camp Laundry will pick up your son’s bags a few days prior to departure. City families: You’ll be contacted by Camp Laundry with a date, time and location for you to drop off your son’s baggage at a central site.
- First session June 14th (City) and June 17th or 18th (Chicago Suburbs)
- Second session July 13th (City) and July 14th or 15th (Chicago Suburbs)
Cost: $90 each way for two large duffels plus a sleeping bag.
- Option upon returning home from camp: CAMP LAUNDRY will wash your boy’s clothes and deliver them to you for an additional charge.
- All payments are made directly to CAMP LAUNDRY
CAMPERS OUTSIDE CHICAGO-AREA:
All Non-Chicago area campers will need to use Ship Camps or Ship Directly
Ship luggage to:
Your Son’s Name
10,000 Kawaga Road
Minocqua, WI 54548
- Duffel bags must be shipped via UPS, FedEx or DHL
- Please plan for bags to arrive to camp at least three days before the start date of the session
- WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO INSURE THE CONTENTS. CARRIERS HAVE A MINIMAL LIMIT ON LOST CONTENTS.
IMPORTANT: Please include an additional label with name, address, and phone number INSIDE each bag. If a bag is misplaced, this step will help the carrier identify it and deliver it to you.
Rates & Dates Standards & Care Food at Camp