Transportation & Luggage
There are three modes of transportation for getting to and departing from camp: the camp bus, flying, or parent pick-up/drop off.
We believe that the bus ride up to camp is an important part of the overall experience. It gives the boys an opportunity to meet each other and reconnect with old friends with the shared excitement of the start of the summer. We organize bus groupings by age. Staff members are on each bus.
If your child is coming for the first time and does not know anybody else his age on the bus, please let us know. We’ll “buddy” him up with another boy. If you prefer, we can also arrange for brothers or cousins to sit together. Please make any special requests by June 1st.
GOING TO CAMP
All buses leave from the Northshore of Chicago (LOCATION TBD). We will be doing a phased departure where age groups will leave at different times all between 8 am -11 am.
We provide lunch and snacks for the boys. So, please do not send them with any additional food, which is critically important, as we have campers with severe food allergies. So, we appreciate you respecting this rule.
- JUNE 20TH FOR 1ST SESSION AND 8-WEEK CAMPERS
- JULY 17TH FOR 2ND SESSION CAMPERS.
The buses will leave camp by 8am and should arrive back to the Northshore between 1:30-3pm. We’ll keep everyone posted via email and Social media as to the buses’ ETA.
- JULY 15TH FOR 1ST-SESSION CAMPERS
- AUGUST 12TH FOR 2ND-SESSION CAMPERS AND 8-WEEK CAMPERS
If you live outside of Wisconsin or Illinois, you may elect to have your son fly to camp on the day his session starts. A staff member will meet your son at his arrival gate. We’ll closely communicate with you, as you’ll need to let the airlines know we will be meeting your “unaccompanied minor” at the gate. We’ll be glad to pick your son up from Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA), or Rhinelander (RHI) airports. Please arrange travel so that your sons arrive at the airport no later than:
- CWA – By 3pm
- RHI – By 3pm
Alternatively, you can also drop your son off at the bus in the Chicagoland area at no additional cost.
If you’d like your son to fly back home, we’ll be glad to drop him off at the airport. If your son is age 15 or younger, a staff member will wait with him at the gate until his plane departs. The same arrival airport locations apply for departures. Please book your departure for each after the times listed below:
- MKE – After 2pm
- CWA – After 10am
- RHI – After 10am
You may also choose to directly drop off or pick up your son from camp, which may be particularly convenient if you’ll be joining us for Father-Son Weekend or Parents Weekend. Pick-up and drop-off times for each session are listed below:
- DROP-OFF: June 20th or July 17th drop off between 11am – 1pm
- PICK-UP: July 15th or August 12th pick up between 8am – 10am
All bags are picked up and dropped off using CAMP LAUNDRY.
Suburban families: Camp Laundry will pick up your son’s bags a few days prior to departure. City families: You’ll be contacted by Camp Laundry with a date, time and location for you to drop off your son’s baggage at a central site.
- First session June 16th (City) and June 17th or 18th (Chicago Suburbs)
- Second session July 13th (City) and July 14th or 15th (Chicago Suburbs)
Cost: $65 each way for two large duffels plus a sleeping bag.
- Option upon returning home from camp: CAMP LAUNDRY will wash your boy’s clothes and deliver them to you for an additional charge.
- All payments are made directly to CAMP LAUNDRY
CAMPERS OUTSIDE CHICAGO-AREA:
Ship luggage to:
Your Son’s Name
10,000 Kawaga Road
Minocqua, WI 54548
- Duffel bags must be shipped via UPS, FedEx or DHL
- Please plan for bags to arrive to camp at least three days before start date of the session
- WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO INSURE THE CONTENTS. CARRIERS HAVE A MINIMAL LIMIT ON LOST CONTENTS.
IMPORTANT: Please include an additional label with name, address, and phone number INSIDE each bag. If a bag is misplaced, this step will help the carrier identify it and deliver it to you.