Hi all, wanted to check in as the calendar turns to November and we begin to creep into the holidays. Below is some camp info as well as a link to a great webinar hosted by Dr. Chris Thurber, an expert in parenting and children who we meet with during pre-camp training to help train Kawaga’s staff. Dr. Thurber is hosting a free online 30 min seminar called “Cracking Kids Secret Code” on November 15th and I am providing the link below so you can participate. I think you will find it very informative and helpful.
It has been a great couple of months since camp ended, particularly for Chicago and Cleveland fans. I have been mesmerized by the Cubs playoff run. Watching every pitch of every 4 hour game and loving every minute of the suspense and fun with Tyler and Dewey by my side (although both are asleep around the 7th inning). It has been a fun run!! More to come in November as the World Series wraps up.
- On the camp front, we had a strong start to enrollment with nearly 175 campers signing up. We look forward to getting the rest of our returnees enrolled as recruiting season continues. On the recruiting front, please get us in touch with any potential new families.
- Dewey and I will be at Daniel Wright School in Lincolnshire on November 6th for the Camp Fair hosted there. Please drop by to say hello, and send along any potential families to meet us.
- Up at camp, construction of the new Mess Hall continues – I will post some more pictures at the end of the week. We remain on schedule.
- We are finalizing the Chicago Reunion with details to follow, but looking like January 14, 2017 from 12 to 2pm at Pinstripes. Put it on your calendar NOW…
Finally, one plug – I am participating in my 3rd fundraiser for Movember (men’s health charity) – going with the goatee this year as the mustache can get a little scary looking (particularly during recruiting visits). If you are willing, please donate to a healthy cause at http://mobro.co/matador24
- For Chris Thurber’s webinar here is the link – https://app.webinarjam.net/register/31239/179f601f6a
It is a live webinar to watch and participate and is one of Dr. Thurber’s most popular talks. He is great and our staff really enjoys learning from him, so I hope you enjoy the information he shares.
We will continue to stay in touch, and update you on any camp ongoings, including the upcoming Reunion schedule. Have a great week!!