Come one, come all to Camp Kawaga’s New Camper Orientation.
When: Sunday, April 24, 2016 starting at 9am
Where: Northbrook Renaissance Hotel – 933 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook IL – just south of intersection of Dundee and Skokie Blvd, just off Rte 41.
What: 9am – Meet & Greet with Matt, Dewey and Harry
9:30 am – New Camper Orientation
10:30 am – Parent only Q & A – campers will be out of the room with some Kawaga staff, playing games and meeting one another
11:30 am – Follow up one on ones
Every spring, Matt & Dewey host a great New Camper Orientation and Open House for any new families (or any parents that want a chance to chat with Matt & Dewey before summer). We will discuss all sorts of new camper and new parent items including
- Reviewing the packing list and tips on packing
- How to help your son get over pre-camp jitters, anxiety, separation concerns
- How to prepare your son for some homesickness (it is completely normal, most campers have some homesickness)
- What to say, what not to say to your son as camp closes in
- More information about our program, our staff and what we DO at Kawaga that works so well
- And your son can ask some questions that he forgot, or didn’t know to ask when we first met this winter
It is all great information that will help you feel more comfortable and less overwhelmed as we prepare together for a great FIRST SUMMER at Camp Kawaga! More details are also on our Facebook Event page – please mark that you are GOING on the Facebook event if you will be there.
Plan on being there – it is an invaluable preparatory step to camp and the summer of 2016.